Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Warm o' My Troth!

Well, the sickness scare appears to be over. With A LOT of hydration, good nutrition that, admittedly, included an icecream run and some well-deserved and much-needed rest, we are feeling better.

We stumbled through the show yesterday - wow -so informative. It ran at about an hour and forty minutes. We have about fifteen more minutes left to shave, which we think will be doable with lines and transitions tightened. We clearly need a transition rehearsal. We need a lot more music. The gaps that are transitions need some sort of informative musical element to complement the last scene and lead the audience into the next scene.

I know that for me, personally, I had many an acting line for myself by the end of the run. But this is a good thing - it will give me something to focus on and aim for during the next run or work through of the scenes, which excites me and prods me to keep going.

We had Chelsea on book for the last time yesterday. We are now 'on our own' and will start to receive line notes (a piece of paper that tells us where we flubbed for lines, where we switched one word for another word in a line...etc). This is a very good and very necessary step...I'd even go so far as to say: It's about time.

Last night we brought dinner over to Olga's and had flowering tea (a tea that is a bulb that blossoms in hot water and tastes delicious while looking spectacular). She shared some stories about life in Russia. Told us how Felix was a legend there and we all agreed that if anyone was a legend, it would be Felix. She reminded us of the Stanislavsky quote: Love the art in yourself. Love yourself in the art. And she shared with us that she and Felix believe this new wave of art is that of "Stanislavsky Rock and Roll," in that it is free moving. We get together to do something and we just go - we do it. She said that's what we're doing - Rock and Roll. ...I think it's clear that we adore these two people and see them as both mentors and grandparents.

I'm also pleased to announced that: We have pants! Yes, it's been a long time coming. We're talking endless searches through NYC's Forever 21, Target's $10 bargains and finally - Old Navy! We walked in, saw the pants, tried them on, made sure they fit and bought them! Voila! Our costumes are now complete thanks to Sarah, who purchased our matching blue leotards in bulk before arriving in Syracuse.

Today, (dare I even guess what we're doing today?) well, actually today, I don't know what we're doing because we didn't decide. And it's just as well because if we decided one thing, you know we would probably do another.

And so I leave you with the mystery of what today brings. I hope it surprises you, too.

With Love, of course,

J x

No comments:

Post a Comment